• Currently Online

No members to show

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Coming into a very hot Darwin race weekend Chaz was keen to improve on his 6th place standing in the 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. This round was held at Hidden Valley in the Northern Territory and the track is known for its high speeds and fast lap times. It’s a 2.87 kilometre 14 corner technical circuit with sweeping bends and a long 1.1 kilometre main straight. So lots of opportunity for passing and also drama which the Darwin round never fails to deliver! The Tickford team opened the weekend with a series of strong practice sessions with Chaz posting the fastest time in Practice 1 and then going P4 in Practice 2 with a 1m06.33s. The qualifying session went mostly to plan with the No. 55 posting a 1m06.32s and lining up 6th on the grid. Tickford went into race 15 with an aggressive pit strategy that gave Chaz Mostert the track position to notch his sixth podium of 2019 and a second-place finish in the first race of the Darwin Triple Crown. Chaz gave us his thoughts on Race 15 “We were very lucky there at the end. It’s been – I was saying – probably two, three years since we’ve had the ability to do an aggressive strategy and come home probably a bit sadder on tyres than some others, but every day you get a trophy from doing it is a good strategy call, so credit to Adam (De Borre, engineer). He stuck to his guns, had a crack, and the trophy was a team effort today. The boys were really quick in the pit stops, no fumbling around, and I just tried to hold onto the tyres, but the temperature up here is really hard. The end of the race was pretty interesting for us, I was looking in the mirror, I saw Davey Reynolds – he’s a pretty hard charger – he was coming for me, and then there was, you know, more fresh tyres behind him, coming and coming. I was probably lucky that Scotty McLaughlin kind of buggered off down the road a little bit and gave me a bit of clean air to just focus on looking after the tyres, and P2 is all we had today.” Race 16 qualifying started well with Chaz posting the 3rd fastest time, only to drop to 8th in the Top 10 shootout with a 1m06.22s. Chaz lamented prior to the race start “ We dropped a bit in the last sector and finished P8 in the shootout, but on the plus side I think we have a good race car and I’m ready to race” Moving into the race and starting 8th on the grid the No.55 managed to have a clean start and move up two positions after a late strategy call for new tyres which enabled him to jump his team mates Will Davidson and Lee Holdsworth. Looking back on the race with Chaz “We just stuck to our strategy. The top four was probably the best result we could get, but just ran out of puff there at the end to get back to there. It is what it is, P6 is a good bank of points, just not where we want to be. We still have some work to do, obviously, and we’ll keep fighting.” Team principal Tim Edwards gave us his thoughts on the weekend: “All told that’s a really good weekend for us. Our car speed was very good and for the most part we executed very well. The only difference right now is while our cars are very good a couple of cars – one car in particular – are doing great. We’re really happy with the results, and right now we’ve got four cars in the top ten of the championship, which is incredibly hard to do in any championship. We’ve got to recognise that, but at the same time we’re racers, and we want more than fourth place, so we have to keep working.” Next up is the Watpac Townsville 400 in the Far North of Queensland on July 5th -7th. Which means a lot of miles for the team back home in Melbourne to prepare the car before the long drive to Townsville in 3 weeks’ time. Stay tuned to see how Chaz and the No.55 Supercheap Auto Racing Mustang supported by Bendix goes on the streets of Townsville! Follow Bendix Brakes on Facebook HERE. To learn more about the Bendix Brakes range of products visit: www.bendix.com.au
  3. Last week
  4. For June we went car hunting at Rolling 30! A new event held at Sydney Motorsport Park featuring cars built more than 30 years ago. With amazing old school muscle cars, customs and exotics there was no better place to be on the weekend. To find your nearest Bendix stockist, click HERE. For the latest Bendix news and updates, visit our Facebook page
  5. Earlier
  6. I have for sale 4 x SSR TYPE C FORGED COMPETITION Alloys-lightest available. Also set of 235/40/18 almost new Hankook soft Z221. Also have another 3 SSR wheels as spares for succesful buyer. $2600 for wheels and tyres. Also 5 litre surge tank complete with all lines suit Evo. Includes 400 LPH Bosch external fuel pump and filter. Cost over $1000.00 to build-sale $ 390.00 Sabelt 6 point harness almost new no wear. Long expiry left. Eye bolts included. $ 100.00 Photos to come Denis Gallagher 0411554499
  7. Mitsubishi EVO X parts: NEW complete EVO X long crate motor, including turbo, inlet manifold, injectors, spark plugs, flywheel & clutch etc. Add oil & its ready to run. Unopened packaging, sitting on the pallet. This is from the last production batch and there are no more Sell $9750 EVO X Enkei wheels. 13 available. All used but in good condition. Paint is Ok but not perfect. Run straight & true. Complete with centre cap. $220 per wheel or $750 per set of four.
  8. Hi, I'm after a pair or single wheel of Evo 10 MR BBS. * MUST* No repair/weld, No Buckle, No cracks Gutter Rash is ok, but not too much. In good condition. Resprayed is ok. Stock finish is great. *No need for tyres, unless they are free lol.
  9. Click here for more information about Bridgestone’s current offers. *Conditions apply. All offers valid between 01/06/2019 and 30/06/2019 and are redeemable in store. +Available on Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tyres, only at Bridgestone stores. Full terms and conditions here. LINKS: Bridgestone Australia - www.bridgestonetyres.com.au/ Bridgestone Australia Facebook - www.facebook.com/BridgestoneAU
  10. Following on from the training poster we developed to provide a deeper understanding of how the Bendix braking system works, we decided to take this concept to the next level. A visit to the Bendix website will reveal a full 3D version of the Bendix Brake System Guide which gives the viewer full 360 degree insight into the system. https://www.bendix.com.au/help/the-bendix-brake-system-guide-an-intro-to-bendix-disc-brake-function-and-maintenance To find your nearest Bendix stockist, click HERE. For the latest Bendix news and updates, visit our Facebook page
  11. anyone have a evo 8 bumper complete for sale?
  12. Urgently need interior/view mirror panels on both front doors. Also need rear LANCER emblem on right hand side of boot lid. Happy to pay any freight costs Denis 0411554499
  13. There's a set of Enkei RCT4s on Gumtree incase that's what you're after?
  14. The 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship headed to Winton Raceway in regional Victoria, with Chaz Mostert looking to move up the championship standings from his current 5th place in the title chase. Winton is a technical 3.0 km circuit made up of 12 corners with a combination of long fast straights and twisty and tight bends, which never fails to provide thrilling racing and lap one controversy as the cars try and negotiate the tight left hander at turn one. The opening practice for the weekend saw Chaz Mostert leading a top three sweep for the Mustangs and the Tickford Racing driver turned a 1:19.64s to finish 0.2253 seconds ahead of Scott McLaughlin, while Lee Holdsworth was third. Chaz continued this form into qualifying posting a 1:20.62s lap after the chequered flag and took the ARMOR ALL Pole ahead of DJR rival Fabian Coulthard. Starting Race 13 of the championship form Pole, Chaz went side by side with Coulthard through turns one and two only to be pushed wide and have several cars pass him on the run down to turn 3. Chaz had to settle back into a rhythm from there and avoided further trouble to bring the 55 Mustang home in second place after the Tickford team put together a solid race strategy. Chaz said “I’m a little bit disappointed, when you start on pole you want to win, but it just shows how quick these guys at DJR are, and we have to keep moving forward. The good thing is I think car balance-wise we matched them today, but there’s just some componentry stuff we need to work on.” Moving into Sunday the DJR Mustang of Scott McLaughlin was over half a second faster than the rest of the field and Chaz in the Number 55 had to settle for 5th on the grid for race 14 with a 01:19.14 lap time. The race didn’t go quite to plan with Chaz firing the car off into the gravel at Turn 7 on lap one. The no 55 then fell to the back of the pack before firing wide again at Turn 3 the next time around. Things got worse with a 15-second penalty for a Turn 10 clash with James Courtney. Chaz then had to work his way back up the order and was helped by a late Safety Car period and managed to salvage 10th place at the chequered flag. “First lap, what a balls up from me. I was just pretty aggressive over the kerb, the tyre pressures weren’t quite up, I just bucked off there and skated me a bit wide. It happens, it happens to everyone out there, but today it bit me. We obviously went on an aggressive strategy to pit early and try to get some clean air and run, and I think it was working for us… We were very lucky with the Safety Car, or we would have probably been 16th at the end. Someone was looking down on us today to put another set of tyres on and get some more points, but yeah, tough race for us.” After a very up and down weekend Chaz sits in 6th place in the 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. The team will now make the long journey to Hidden Valley in the Northern Territory for the BetEasy Darwin Triple crown starting on the 15th of June. Follow Bendix Brakes on Facebook HERE. To learn more about the Bendix Brakes range of products visit: www.bendix.com.au
  15. Hey ladies and gents, after an Evo V. No VI’s, sorry. White or silver preferably but will consider any colour. Budget entirely dependent on car. Willing to travel for eight car. Located SE Melb. Text me on 0424 490 18seven as I don’t come on the forums very often. Cheers!
  16. hi everyone I’m looking for a evo 8MR in graphite grey and with BBS wheels. Im looking for something preferably in VIC. I have money waiting and I’m ready to buy. Thanks Jure
  17. Urgently need a set of good looking mags and tyres to suit my Evo 6 which has now been returned to street trim. Would swap plus cash for set of SSR CS fully forged 18 x 8.5 with near new Hankook Z221 soft compound semi slicks. Have another 3 SSR CS rims I will throw in if we can do a deal. SSR rims are THE lightest available regardless of cost ! 0411554499-Denis
  18. Just clearing out some parts as I no longer have the car. The wheels have some gutter rash but no buckles or cracks. No centre caps. No damage on the front bar, its a bit dirty but otherwise in good condition. Can also provide the stock lip if required. The CF lip is sikaflexed to the bar so not easily removed. Wheels $100 Front bar $50
  19. Still for sale grab yourself a well set up and developed car right here
  1. Load more activity