jasonvaros

[NSW] FS 2004 Evo8 MR Gunmetal Grey Sub 49000Km

Its time to put my baby up for sale.

Similar to the stories you have all shared, this is also listed on carsales via this link and has had numerous ridiculous offers.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2004/SSE-AD-4945762/?gts=SSE-AD-4945762&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-4945762&rankingType=Spotlight

Low K's as I was the first owner in Australia, imported through IMG.

Never seen a track, and has only been in the rain twice since being in Australia (ridiculous I know)

I had to wait a very long time to get a model this clean, and this has been garaged 99.9% of the time and is immaculate.

Open to reasonable offers, but really believe it should be in the realm of 40K given just how immaculate this is with the low K's

EVO.jpg

20170826_133822.jpg

Edited by jasonvaros
  • Like 1

Thanks mate!

IMG were absolutely fantastic, could not recommend them highly enough.

The quality of what they find is second to none, sure I had to wait an age for them to find this but it was worth it, I remember the quality of cars they had in their shed when I picked her up.

Ferraris, Lambos, Astons, just about every high end car you could name, all second hand and all looking as good as new.

Worth the drive up to see this mate, am sure it will change your mind and love to sell to someone that truly appreciates her!

Awesome car! Wish I had the funds to afford such a low klm 8mr.... maybe one day 😊 good luck.

Also, who's IMG? I may look at importing if I can't find what I'm after in Oz.

@Stephanie- IMG = International Motor Group. They're now called Road and Track Australia and no longer import VIII MRs. They now focus on Lamborghinis and Ferraris...

Edited by STraj

Thanks Stephanie!

Loans are pretty bloody good with rates these days! And I'm sure this will now be (along with all the other model Evo's) an investment, hopefully becoming like the R33 has in regards to value.

When I bought this car, IMG were in their "transition period" away from Evo imports, but if you do go down that way ask for Gavin (if he is still there) as he was an absolute legend for the amount of trouble he went through to source this for me.

Thanks guys! 

If I could afford your 8mr it'd be going to a great home - It's exactly what I'm after, but a loan for that much scares me haha 

Iron chef imports was another one I've been told about that was a good place, so I'll see how I go. :)

Need to wait for the right car..... 😔

Certainly worth waiting for as I am sure a lot of people here will back up.

Haha! Steph but what about a house loan?? Nothing compared to that!!

Hahaha! Yes true. I'll probably never buy a house even though I want to. Sleep in my evo maybe 😂😂

That is acceptable! haha

George what other examples do you have there that are making this over-priced mate?

George thats 156 thousand K's

Nowhere near the same!

It is a hard decision, but very much a personal preference.

More of a mindset thing too. I always pushed hard to keep this car "as new" for the day I didn't want to happen where it was time to part ways.

Depends really if there is someone out there with that mindset.

Any value really is arbitrary, I valued this one in light of what was in the market with similar Ks and condition, like anything the odds are probably but would much prefer to wait longer to see her go to someone that truly values what it is.

I'd be one of those people not to touch an Evo  over 50 thousand K's, purely because know too many people with them, and how they push them to the limits all the time!

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm the JOC check has verified that the kilometers on this car are genuine in case you were wondering.

Cheers!

• Like 1

If you have all the paperwork and it's legit then stop dropping the price and wait for the right buyer if you can

Hi Paul,

Thats as low as it will go mate, circumstances, btw your FQ looks amazing.

Yeh its not 180 on the clock mate, have a look it sub 49000km

A bit of a difference especially when its verified with JOC.

Congrats on casting doubt over the seller's ad with misinformation :rolleyes:

If this was my ad I'd be asking mods to delete all of George's posts. None of them particularly helpful to selling the car.

• Like 3

Mods would that suggestion be possible? George you have in no way been helpful or positive to my attempts to sell my car to this stage and to be quite honest I have not appreciated that.

Thanks Chris, appreciate the support from yourself and the large amount of others on this forum when it comes to the hard decision to let go of a car we all love so much!

• Like 1

Ok guys, final price drop.

$32 999

Someone's going to get a bloody good deal here, first to see I guarantee will buy, no negotiations on this price.

• Like 1

FYI prestige Motorsport had a grey 8 MR with 22k on the clock and it sold for for $45k

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but The write up from Geoff is great, detailed and useful. Shows you how rare perfect evo’s are becoming. Their page notes massive demand for 34 GTRs and even ones with rust fetch 80k+

http://prestigemotorsport.com.au/inspections/2004-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-8-mr-2/

16 hours ago, STraj said:

Jason’s car has been tempting me away from my TME search for months now ...

@STraj Do it!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2