Ivan@x3e Motorsports

2 piece Full Floating Brake Rotors - Ulitmate Design for 2pc Rotors

Hi,

Been working hard on these 2 piece brake rotors all year to get the optimum performance and affordability.

Performance has been improved over many other brands with 12 points mounting design. (most are only 8 or 10 mounting points, these mounting points are the Shear resistance points of the rotors)

Main stocks are HERE! with C-slots.

IMG_0054.JPG

Alloy Hat has Stainless Steel Sleeve for the floating mechanism to slide on, so that it won't wear the alloy hat on these contact areas.
IMG_6058.JPG

A set of Full- floating mechanism parts.  Block and spring is Stainless.  Bolt and nut is mild steel high tensile which is replaced each time the rotor ring is changed.  Included in our rebuilt kits.

IMG_6059.jpg

Rotor is Internal Directional Vanes that aids cooling when the wheel is turning, works as a pump to push the hot air out towards the edge of the rotor.

AIMG_7162.jpg

Full- Floating Evo 4-9; 8.65kg each, Evo X; 9.90kg each.
i) Ultimate performance in high heat conditions
ii) Stainless steel sleeves, blocks and springs for the rust free performance. (most floating fittings are made of steel and rust with use)
iii) you can replace the rotor rings many times over as the alloy hat has NO-wear from the movement of the rotor ring, being sleeved.
iv) rebuilt kit includes new special high tensile bolts and nuts

PRICES:
Evo 4~9 (brembo caliper type rotors)
a.
Race 2 pc Full floating (without cryogen treatment) $899
d
. Replacement Rotor Rings with Bolts and nuts (without cryogen treatment) $359 per set

Evo X (350mm diameter rotor)
a. Track 2 pc semi-floating (with cryogen treatment) $988 (only 1 pair in stock)
b. Race 2 pc Full floating (without cryogen treatment) $1099
c.
Replacement Rotor Rings with Bolts and nuts (without cryogen treatment) $399 per set

IMPORTANT note:

• All floating parts, the sliding block and sleeve are Stainless Steel, reuseable for a long time!
  • Bolts and nuts are High tensile steel, included with replacement rotor kit.
  • Total of 12 Full-Floating rectangular fittings, which has a much larger surface area to spread the load than bolts. These will outlast your evo as long as they are not damaged in an accident. (some budget 2 pc rotors use only 8 mounting points, most use 10 points.)

PM me your order. Can add brake pads package for evo 4~9 brembo calipers only. Evo X only fronts at the moment.

Cheers, ivan

Edited by Ivan@x3e Motorsports

I am expecting this order to be ready to ship mid Dec.

Ocean freight and local customs clearance takes about a month.

I can express some in by Air but would cost more, being heavy and usually about $100 per set by EMS (cheapest).

Cheers, ivan

Hello Ivan

Intrested in the Evo X ones

Evo X (350mm diameter rotor)

e. Replacement Rotor Ring kit with new bolts and nuts (without cryogen treatment) $300

Are these replaceable with the brembo hats on the Evo x MR?

This is a Dual Stage Cryogenic process fine-tuned for rotors here in Victoria. This process 'makes' the material more uniform in its internal structure, thus better consistency and a longer LIFESPAN for the part treated.

But with cost of this treatment, about $160 per set of rotors plus $40 of freight cost there and back, adding a good $200 per set of rotors, can really add up. That's why I am offering this as an option with add cost. (Less than $200 per set is added on, this is due to my trade discount which is passed on.)

Some google results:

a. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Cryogenics

b. http://www.300below....r-brake-rotors/

c. http://forums.pelica...-snake-oil.html

Cheers, ivan

Latest Update:

Only Full Floating for both Evo 4~9 (brembo) and Evo X will be a month away, hopefully before Christmas, via Ocean Freight.

Anyone who cannot wait for a month and is in Urgent need, please PM me as I can airfreight yours in, but will incurr extra cost.

Currently only Evo X semi-floating and Full Floating, one set each in stock.

Cheers, ivan

Update:

Just arrived;

. 2 sets of FULL FLOATING Evo 4~9 (Brembo calipers 320mm diameter rotors)

. C slots

. No cryogenic treatment done, will do so upon request.

Cheers, ivan

p6i6.jpg

wfxa.jpg

Hi,

2 piece Rear rotors are in development now.

Cheers, ivan

keep me posted on these please ivan, any weights/specs as yet?

Have to ask factory. I would say a good 2 kg savings.

Current design is using a steel hat, but I am working on alloy hat instead.

Even with hand brake use, takes a lot to wear out the alloy hat if a 10mm thickness is designed for it, as I have done previously for the VE commodore.

Cheers, ivan

Hi Ivan

just wounder how stock is for the full floating disks to suit a evo 9?

silly question are these the ones with the c slots

and what would freight cost be to ship them to tas 7250

cheers

Tim

Have now got the the 2 piece rotors installed with your pads they are awesome even better the squeal has gone now to which is even better :D thanks again Ivan :D :D

Hey Ivan, After some of the 2 piece rotors. Got any in stock?? If so price including delivery to 7172 please.

Hi Ivan,

I see you've posted up the weight of the semi floating front rotors which look about line ball with DBA 5000's.

Can you also post up weights of all the rotors, front and rear so i can compare what's out there. Weight is important to me, or the lack of it :)

Thanks

Hi,

These are FULL-FLOATING rotors that also allows easy rotor replacement at very real prices. (2 piece fixed type has dramas with wear on the bolt holes of the alloy hat due to reapeated shearing stresses with each stop! Even the Semi-floating reduces this wear, but ultimate long life is the Full Floating. These stress points are changed to stress surfaces! That's why we have progressed up to only Full Floating type.)

Evo 4-9 Diameter 320mm ; 8.65kg each,

Evo X Diameter 350mm; 9.90kg each.

No rear 2pc, easiest to drill out some of the one-piece rotors to drop some weight.

Cheers, ivan

2 piece full floating arrived today! super quick!

Thanx for the superb service as always Ivan. Can't wait to test them out in the next event!

• Like 1

2 piece full floating arrived today! super quick!

Thanx for the superb service as always Ivan. Can't wait to test them out in the next event!

Will have to check them out when I see you Tian. Jan Rallysprint?

yeap, shane! come and check out the brake rotors on the day at McRae rally! Your evo6 deserves better brake setup.

Shit loads of parts on my car are from X3E.

• Like 1

Hi,

Evo 4-9 full floating 2 piece rotors are all Sold Out. New stock ETA is mid Feb 2015.

Evo X in stock.

Grab yours quick as new stock will be higher priced due to the weakening Aud$ to the Usd$.

Cheers, ivan

These rotors are bloody terrific, had them on for the last year, done several events and is also a daily driver. I have complete faith in them and slow me down pretty quick from 180-190 at the 100 meter marker at the end of the back straight at Baskerville Raceway.

Have these on my ix as well only noise i get is when you go into reverse and dab the breaks gives a small clunk same when you go forward again and touch the breaks other than that all quite :biggrin:

• Like 1