Mark@GTPumps

>>> EVO9 stock frame upgrade Turbochargers <<<

EVO9 712GTP is $2200.00 with Turbosmart actuator, comes with fitting kit. EVO4-6 intake kit is $499.00 with battery relocation plate and uses your stock airbox.

Can you put an order in for me mate? Tried calling earlier but no answer and PMs still not working.

Ross it says "You cannot reply". So maybe you can send but you can't reply.

Ross it says "You cannot reply". So maybe you can send but you can't reply.

More GTP762 results...

- 2.3L 9:1 CR motor, standard head and valves.

- Standard exhaust manifold, inlet manifold and throttle body.

- GSC R2 cams.

- ETS 3.5inch cooler, custom piping.

- Invidia dump, TurboXS front pipe, decat and 3.5inch cat-back exhaust.

- 4inch intake pipe.

- MAFless SD tune.

Yianni_23_762_406_zps20b06c63.jpg

• Like 2

What sort of power is expected from the 712 with usual bolt ons Mark? What boost do you suggest for street & track?

This might be a silly question but im considering getting a 762 for my evo7 to replace the stock turbo.

Would this be a straight swap, standard manilfold and dump pipe all line up ?

Thanks

Yes. You just need Evo 9 fitting kit as the coolant lines and compressor outlet pipe differ

Thats a ~350aw turbo tho, block prob wont last too long

ahh yeah I just did a 2.3 with S2s and a 762 it was a mad combo

Yes will bolt on comes with fitting kit and all you need. We are open Saturdays if you want to come down for a drive and check some stuff out. Can show you my car with the 2.3 and 762GTP.

• Like 1

New to Evo's. I recently picked up a TME with a built 2.3, 73HTA, 260's, fuel mods, 3" TBE (stock dump). Everything else is stock. I got 242kw out of it on 98 at about 22.5psi. Car goes really well for that power but it's all over by 6000rpm and the built motor's being wasted!

If I was to add a dump pipe, cooler, pod and more fuel only and run around 24ish psi, staying with 98, how much more could I expect to make with a 762GTP and how much more with a 822GTP on the same dyno? I don't see much talk about the 822, how do stock frame turbo's this size perform on Evo's?

I won't be running E85 + big boost any time soon. Also, I won't be doing any head work but would I NEED bigger cams with either of those turbo's?

Edited by ForceFeeder

If you cross check Marks signature..im sure you would have your answer..although he sneakily avoids the current spec...haha...He will most definitely answer all your questions regarding this turbo..

New to Evo's. I recently picked up a TME with a built 2.3, 73HTA, 260's, fuel mods, 3" TBE (stock dump). Everything else is stock. I got 242kw out of it on 98 at about 22.5psi. Car goes really well for that power but it's all over by 6000rpm and the built motor's being wasted!

If I was to add a dump pipe, cooler, pod and more fuel only and run around 24ish psi, staying with 98, how much more could I expect to make with a 762GTP and how much more with a 822GTP on the same dyno? I don't see much talk about the 822.

I won't be running E85 + big boost any time soon. Also, I won't be doing any head work but would I NEED bigger cams with either of those turbo's?

Why no E85?

@OzEvo9, yeah saw Marks sig, his 258kw gives an indication but different car, different dyno etc.

No e85 anywhere close to home and too hard to get on the road.

I think you will have decent results on 98 given Bennys tune post #46 pushing 400kw with Eflex

I'd say you would want to have more breathing mods regardless...and the 762 will suit your needs. Don't have the need for more than 350kw on the street anyway.

• Like 1

Isn't the 73hta a little larger then a 712?

I recognize the specs of that car good pick up mate.

If staying on 98 you need to get your modifications on point as its all about efficiency to make power on this fuel.

The best 98 results i've gotten from a 762 had the following setup.
- 2.3 stroker

- 4inch MAFless intake

- Invidia dump, TXS front pipe, decat, 3.5inch cat-back.

- ETS 3.5inch cooler.

- GSC R2 cams.

- Car had factory sized valves, throttle, intake manifold, exhaust manifold.

Made ~280wkw on 98 from memory at 25psi.

Thanks for that. From what I'm seeing, im thinking I would get a 20-30kw increase moving up to the 762.

Do you remember what rpm on that set up max power was seen?

The 762GTP is a big step up from the 73HTA on a stroker you will really notice it. Benny's results on 98 are a good guide, I have hardly any 98 results pretty much everyone is on E85. You are so knock limited on 98 it's no fun :)

For the record the 2.0 litre 258wkW number on my signature was on 100 octane not 98.

Edited by Mark@GTPumps
  • Like 1

Isn't the 73hta a little larger then a 712?

I recognize the specs of that car good pick up mate.

It sure is 712 is 71mm and well the 73HTA is self explanatory lol. Turbine wheel is also smaller on the 712 i believe. I know it is for sure on the FP version unsure about Marks version.

Looking forward to picking my turbo up off Mark tomorrow afternoon :)

The 73HTA used a non extended tip FP 73mm compressor wheel. The 712GTP has a 71mm extended tip (to approx 73mm) compressor wheel. The inducer on the 712 is actually slightly larger than the 73HTA so saying the 712 is smaller is not really correct. At the end of the day the flow performance is similar, the turbine wheel is the same.

Thanks Mark. Would you agree that a 20-30kw increase would be expected for my set up

Yes I would say so, also be able to use the full rev range. Where are you located there is no location on your profile, or name?

I stand corrected lol will post up my results on the 712 soon as i get it on and running :)

Just to clarify Mick the FP green (which has the 73HTA compressor wheel) has a slightly large turbine than the EVO9 73HTA we used to build (we used a different turbine wheel) . Our 73HTA and 712GTP use the same turbine wheel.

my 762 results on a harsh dyno 25/32 psi dip up tom is the car moving on the rollers

dyno_zpsb7587dd2.jpg

32psi torque

torque_zps6a0df27e.jpg

Hi Mark

Can you confirm when the 712 should be seeing 26psi (you recommend 26-32psi) on a non-Mivec motor? I'm seeing 20psi by 3800, 24psi a touch before 4K. Seem about right?

For comparison sake on the exact same set up I was making 24psi by 3200 with a 9RS turbo. I can post both graphs later if you need.

Figured I would post up here (rather than PM) so guys know what to expect

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.