Sign in to follow this  
Mark@GTPumps

** TURBOSMART wastegate actuators **

ts_logo.jpg

Turbosmart wastegate actuators for EVO4-8, EVO9 and EVOX.
Price $190.00

Pressures available 18 psi, 22 psi and 26 psi.

Turbosmart_EVO6_actuator.jpg

Overview:
Mitsubishi Evo Internal Wastegate Actuator (IWG) provides better turbo response and greater sensitivity when managing boost pressures. Designed as a direct bolt-on replacement for the factory part, the Mitsubishi Evo IWG is easy to install and requires no special tools or fabrication. It can't get any easier!

Features:
- Silicone diaphragm with Nomex reinforcement to withstand high temperatures.
- High grade, billet aluminium construction
- Stainless steel rods and connecting clevis for corrosion resistance.
- Locking Collar design cap allows for quick spring changes.

http://store.gtpumps.com.au/wastegates-and-actuators/

Edited by Mark@GTPumps

Nice Mark.

Does this fit with your/Meeks enlarged outlet? I've read about a few issues with the MAP turbos, these gates and your outlet.

Freight to 4211 QLD?

Or is that included?

Hi, looking at replacing my stock one on my Evo 6 for peice of mind, I believe they are 10 psi? Could you pm me the price freighted to QLD Mt Isa 4825. Thanks

I'm looking at changing my stock one - Would it go fine on an 8MR?

Yeah I plan to do so when I get a 3port solenoid and fuel pump to match. Might do them all in one go

I have one of these with I think 26lbs Spring rate and it is excellent!

Boost is held high and flat across the rev range building higher earleir and thus providing great low end torque!

Phil

Sounds like its worth every penny than.

I bought one from Mark the other week, hope to install it with the new turbo this week.

Holy thread revival batman!

When it say's that there are 18, 22 & 26psi actuators available, what does the actual psi rating mean? Sorry for the noob question, google didn't help. Is that the minimum psi when the actuator opens

What is the OE actuator/psi rated at for a MR?

Hi Nate. The pressure is the pressure when the actuator will start to open the wastegate. This is controlled by the spring or springs inside the actuator. So the boost will be controlled to the pressure rating of the actuator (actually in practice you probably get a little less than the spring pressure). If you use a boost controller you can run more boost than the rated spring pressure but not less.

Stock actuator on EVO4-9 is 0.8 bar. The ECU can control the boost above this pressure by using a solenoid valve connect to the hose that goes to the actuator.

A good feature of the Turbosmart actuator is you can screw the top off and change the springs to get different pressures.

Is the psi from the actuator to the gauge different? I think my gauge reads about 1.6 bar when it hits boost.

Which actuator would you recommend for the stock MR turbo with future mods being Plazmaman intercooler piping kit, full turbo back exhaust, greddy profec ebc, and possibly poncams? I won't be upgrading the turbo for a while

^ Actuator is dependent on what boost you intend on running

If you're aiming for 25psi the 20 or 22psi is a good option (let your boost controller handle the extra ~5psi). As always consult your tuner first

Ok, I'll have to talk to a tuner, I was recommended to go and speak to Insight Motorsport.

I'm not sure what psi to aim for yet, I'm still trying to work out what my stock psi is first and how far I can safely push a stock bottom end & turbo. I see that it's been mentioned that the stock actuator for Evo's 4-9 is only 0.8 bar, but my car is 100% stock & the boost gauge reads 1.6 bar so the ecu must control half the boost?

If 1.6 bar is equivalent to 23 psi & that's what the car is running already & I want to make more power, I would most likely want to get the 22 psi turbosmart actuator as a base and let the ebc take care of the rest.

Your car could have been reflashed using the stock boost control to increase the boost. You will find the Turbosmart actuator will hold boost better in the top end. Yes 22psi actuator would be the one to get these are in stock.

Hmmm, I should take it somewhere to get it checked out first then I guess & see whats been done, if anything.

Cheers

Is there any videos of how to change the wastegate springs on these actuators? I tried YouTube but found nothing.