Ivan@x3e Motorsports

FULLY WELDED ALUMINIUM STRUT BRACES! ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT!! ULTRA STIFF!!!

X3E has developed a new range of ULTIMATE STRUT Braces for HIGHER PERFORMANCE, and as usual at REAL PRICES!

PRICES are for both models; Evo 4~6 and Evo 7~9.

Front $280 Weight 2.25kg. (stock steel without MCS is 3.3kg)

Rear $180 Weight 950g.

PLUS freight, best to use Fastway Couriers or Couriers Please to business address or if home, someone has to be home most times.
Average to NSW is about $30 registered,
QLD; $40 for Brisbane and outer areas about $55.
WA; $50 for Perth and $70 for other parts of WA.

[/color][/size]

We all know that STRUT BRACES assist in stiffening up the handling of the EVO.

1. FULLY WELDED - no bolts to join end plates to cross bar that would be a pivot point to FLEX.

2. FULLY ALUMINIIUM - Ultra Lightweight, you do NOT want extra weight in your EVO, especially that high up in the car, unlike the exhaust that hangs at a very low point of the CG.

3. FULLY STIFFEN CROSS BAR - The edges are RIBBED like a C-section on each edge and INTERNALLY centre-RIBBED / BRACED for added stiffness! NOT JUST BENDING STRENGTH, but ALSO VERY HIGH RESISTANCE TO TWISTING FORCES!!!

4. ADDED PERFORMANCE BENEFIT - BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER STOPPER! For the firmer brake pedal when you hit the brake pedal hard, instead of flexing the firewall!!! MUCH better brake modulation at all times!

5. 5mm thick flat plates are used for END mounting plates. (Not thin 3mm type!)

Here are the photos.....

EVO 4~6

IMG_4342_zpsp5h2me3x.jpg

EVO 7~9

IMG_4334_zpskrzg6rvy.jpg

REARS look similar, just a different lengths and bolt positions.
IMG_2002_zps3kfcql4d.jpg

Some close up photos of the quality of the Tig welding.

IMG_2020_zps0pphwmsx.jpgIMG_3122_zpsmbx1k648.jpgIMG_3116_zpspd2tnmfg.jpgIMG_3128_zpsqbuyr9i9.jpgIMG_2006_zpswhtalchm.jpgIMG_2014_zps6ipzo5kk.jpg

Cheers, ivan

Some fitting tips for FRONT brace being tricky due to the 3 point fitment:

1. The washers supplied are to be drop into the strut screws before installing this new brace.
front%20washers_zpscki8yyir.jpg

2. After removing stock brace, and try in install this new brace, if it does not go on easily, you will have to drop one of the strut to allow easier install.

3. For the brake master cylinder stabliser, these are M10 using 15mm spanner. Easiest is after the brace is in place, remove the nut that holds it in place in the bracket. turn the other nut that would be extending the white stopper towards the brake master cylinder end. once it touches, that's all the pressure you need. then use the 1st nut that was removed, to lock it in place.

IMG_3111_zpstoj2wuhg.jpg

brake%20stopper_zpscl2r4dzk.jpg

Hope these tips helps, ivan

Edited by Ivan@x3e Motorsports

THANKS for your compliements!

I have been a car modding nut since I can drive back in 1985! :smiley-shocked016: THOUSANDS spent, especially with the BIG JAP brands.....decided one day in 1990 that I can do better......to spread the LOVE of modding our cars....

Cheers, ivan

Well done Ivan, killing it.

Waiting on price and weight too, any chance of a rear boot brace to box the boot up as well?

These things are awesome, I was checking them out last time I was over at Ivan's. They're lighter than the stock one by feel (I'd like to know how much they weigh too) and build quality looks/feels great.

Very keen to hear costs and weight. Looks good, but is this just for CT9As or for CP9As as well?

I would like !

Let me know when your back just how much and add it to my order with the twin dump

Happy new years

Cheers

SORRY, NO FULLY WELDED type for EVO X....only the bolt-type between the cross bar and mounting plates....maybe later in the year...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Cheers, ivan :sharedpopcorn:

can you please lcok one of these away for me too Ivan, along with my twin dump pipe for my Evo 7 ?

cheers

let me know when you need $$

:-)

How many do you have/left instock? Is it going to be available as a regular item or once off and no more when all sold? When's the promo price end? And where is pick up located?

:lol: thanking you.

PROMO is JAN 2012 only or while stocks last.

It will be available for a long time, but not at the REDUCED promo prices.

I am located in SCORESBY, VIC for pickups!

Cheers, ivan 0405352214

EXAMPLE of possible order to NSW:

FRONT ONLY: Box is about 1.5m length x 20cmx20cm.

TNT is $55 registered to NSW.

TOTAL is $299 + $55 = $354

QLD; $65 for Brisbane and outer areas about $70.

WA; $80 for Perth and $90 for other parts of WA.

PM me your full address for a registered TNT freight quote.

THANKS for stopping by, GOOD TO BE HOME!

p/s: BTW, if you add other parts to be shipped together, there will be no or only a small increase in freight charge. BEST to add some small parts with NO extra freight charges, eg. Magnetic Oil Sump Plug $5, 1.3 bar Dual silicone seal radiator cap $10, Gates racing alternator belt $38, or even a radiator or intercooler for an extra $20 only! have a great contract with TNT and savings passed on to you!

How bout a deal on front and rear braces, competition stage 4 sprung clutch and silicone intake pipe sent 2 nsw? : ) let me know

I have invested a fair bit into the jig and trail fittings, so will be re-stocking whenever necessary, just will not be this PROMO pricing. (Plus this pricing is indicative of the STRONG AUD vs USD!)

Will take one of the CP9A front strut braces Ivan. Send me the payment info. Looks good.

Thanks

Got front/rear yesterday. Installed. Don't know how to add pics without picture website - might have to do this at home

Cheers Ivan!

Hey holim does the MCS align directly with the MC for you or offest slightly?

there's a slight offset but pretty decent contact I reckon, you can see it on that picture, then I just tightened the end bolt with a 15mm socket

Yeah mine was a little out, but there is a little bit of play before you tighten it, so I got mine close to straight on.

Does it touch the cam cover? Mine it starting to wear out a point on the cover as the engine rocks back and forth.

I understand it's a pretty tight fit as it is with the AC lines in the area, so this is probably still the best design imo

My only niggle is the 15mm nuts. It's such an uncommon size.

If I had known they were 15mm before installing I would've swapped them to 14mm and I'd be able to squeeze a socket in between the cam cover and the nut.

Edited by FudoBoB