Ivan@x3e Motorsports

TWIN PIPE Dump/Down Pipe! STAINLESS STEEL, EVO 7~9

i will probably get the normal recirc one instead ivan, and maybe you can get one of these put on for me, to be shunted out before the cat.

sp3in_y.jpg

Edited by burnzy

UPDATE: all the FLANGE flatness should be finished this coming week.

I will update the photos soon.

Once this is done, Barry will be starting on the ON-CAR weld together process.

I understand that this is taking a long time, but I have to also work into his super tight schedule!

Cheers, ivan

So at your best guess are we looking at by the 16th or by the 23rd for completion?

NOT sure which model is first as of now, I prefer to forecast each stage at a time!

By 8th March, I will have a better idea.

Cheers, ivan

Edited by Ivan@x3e Motorsports

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Sooner would be better as it's been 3 months but understand the holiday break had a lot to do with it.

Keep us posted Ivan , we appreciate quality takes time :-)

COMPONENTS ONLY ARRIVED Late Jan 2012...I understand that it has been slow...but I do have to work with BARRY the master's schedule...on his case everyday now! :starwars:

THANKS, ivan

UPDATE: We test FITTED all the TWIN front sections on the engine to ensure that is clears all the areas, being a very tight space to work with. With the amount of welding necessary for the front section, they do tend to move around a bit after the HOT WELDING and cooling...ALL GOOD!!!

I had photos but my computer crashed and lost them... :wallbash:

More later this week!

Cheers, ivan

sorry for noob q. But going by the pics on page 1. Is the twin pipe a 2 piece just b4 the flex pipe??? so it will not cause any head aches when it is time to change the clutch?

TAKE a closer look, the V-band joint is bolted on.

So, you can remove the rear section for clutch changes without removing the dump off the turbo.

Cheers, ivan

Plan is to start on car position spot weld mid this week.

Flatness grinding tomorrow.

Last week was the clearance check on engine, to ensure the pipe clears the oil drain and oil sump.

EACH step takes time, all done in Melbourne.

New update soon, ivan

Hi Ivan,

Are these pipes easy to install??? do i have to remove anything major to get the dump in??? Or is it just a simple remove stock dump and bolt straight on??

Cheers

THESE are bolt-on. Tough part is getting the stock dump off! RUSTED nuts, bolts and even breaking them while removal! :facepalm:

NO NEED to remove anything extra, as you would removing the dump and front pipe.

Cheers, ivan

I think jimmy was referring to other engine components or radiators or shields etc that may need to be removed for ease of install

Depending on the tools, level of skill and knowledge.

you will have more dramas in removal of the stock dump than installing this.

EASIEST for the home DIY is to remove your front pipe, than remove the header with turbo and dump as one. This way, you access all the bolts and nuts on the work bench.

INSTALL the our front section onto the turbo and put the whole assembly back once all the bolts are secured.

This is NOT the only way, but simple approach that would avoid many areas that would certainly jam many up!

Cheers, ivan

Ok cheers,

thats what i realli needed to know if i had to remove any other major parts to get this on eg radiator, sheilds, etc.

It sounds pretty simple.

Also forgot to ask, does this dump bolt onto the original cat without any mods?? So can i assume that it will all line up with a turbo xs catback system?? sorry for the noob Q's.

Edited by jimersees

Hi,

REMOVING does have varies approach. It may be simple to one but can be a complex process once into it when the nut seize or bolt snap.

If you are not removing the header and turbo and dump as a unit, some do remove their radiator to avoid damaging in the process of getting to the dump.

These TWIN pipes are made to bolt on to the stock cat of the evo 8.

NOTE to all who has ordered, please confirm your cat used, easy if you are using one of my cat, being evo 8 position. As evo 9 has a different bolt position for the evo 9 stock cat.

Cheers, ivan

Hi Ivan,

So if i have a Turboxs catback. would that bolt straight onto your cat if i purchased everything from u???

YES, we use the factory bolt patterns and locations, so that each can have their choice of catbacks.

(we do not try to lock you out with our unique bolt locations...)

CHEERS, ivan :sharedpopcorn:

Here are TODAY's update with photos, yesterday was the wrong photo, sorry.

Barry the Man, facing flat the Twin pipe flanges on this HUGE facing wheel machine!

img2745um.jpg

Finished flanges...

img2746sm.jpg

Flex pipe with V-band TIG welded on. (strongest but DO cost more!)

img2751pa.jpg

Tomorrow, Barry will start matching these front sections to the rear section, and joined by the V-band.

Till tomorrow, ENJOY the photos....ivan

p/s: I should be able to start shipping these out on Wednesday.

be careful with the 5/6's ivan, that wastegate port won't work on them, will need to be bigger as the 5/6 have a dual wastegate flap. it might hit and cause boost creep

Edited by burnzy

VERY GOOD POINT raised...that's if you still have a twin flapper turbo, which does have it problems at high boost or high mileage.

PLEASE NOTE for EVO 4~6 guys, which I will PM too, if you have a TWIN FLAPPER wastegate, then the TWIN PIPE will not work! SORRY...ivan

p/s: Time to move to the new 20G Billet wheel with larger than EVO 9 compressor housing with Billet Wastegate actuator. New post soon...

i don't have a twin flapper, was just warning you for people who do :D

"Barry the Man", like Chuck Norris, has no need for eye protection!

Ivan make sure you post up some pictures of it going on my car so i can use it for my thread too!!! =D

I have a 100 cell cat in the stock evo 7 gta position. I Assume this will bolt straight up or will I have issues or need to mod ?