Mark@GTPumps

Inductive COP ignition

M&W Inductive COP ignition

Plug and play 10 min install. Stock coil cover fits.

Features Mil Spec Tefzel Teflon wire with Mil spec Raychem DR25 heatshrink with new Denso coils.

Kit2 $550.00

Note: we regard this as a stage 1 upgrade, stage 2 is the M&W CDI COP.

inductive_cop3A.jpg

inductive_COP4C.jpg

Edited by Mark@GTPumps

lol... someone didnt check their engine bay yet... thats the first thing i noticed on tephra's engine bay (with the spark cover off)

These available Mark?

Just weighing up my options at the moment!

These available Mark?

Just weighing up my options at the moment!

Yes we are making a batch of Kit1 this week, if you are interested let me know and I will reserve a kit for you. Kit2 available end of next week.

hey mark i spoke to you on friday about getting Kit 1, but you said you still needed to do the harness..

just wondering if this will be ready by wednesday? cheers

hey mark i spoke to you on friday about getting Kit 1, but you said you still needed to do the harness..

just wondering if this will be ready by wednesday? cheers

Yes it will be ready.

I'm guessing these won't fit/work on a stock Evo 3 setup?

Still looking at that but nothing right now.

these are awesome, thanx mark again for taking less than 10 mins to fit this on my car! i noticed that it was smoother throughout the rev ranges! def would reccomend these to anyone whos coilpacks have died out as a replacement!

These are well worth getting if you are having spark issues caused by the coil packs like I was having, after two sets of coil packs I gave up and made my own kit which looks very similar to what is for sale here.

No more spark issues and I even increased the spark plug gap, plus I think it looks nicer than the stock setup.

Kit1 installed last week, and the result was a bit of a supprise.

I thought this would really only have an impact on top-end performance.

What I found was you get a noticeable improvement in idle, and off-idle response.

This was on my Evo9 with stock coils and cams.

I think if you either have, or are planning on getting cams, this is a definate recomended upgrade.

And of course if pushing boost past 22-23psi.

Thanks Mark, this is one sweet upgrade!

Jeff Denmeade 1st place 4WD Time Attack class at the awesome 2010 Pikes Peak hillclimb using M&W COP and GTpumps prepared turbocharger.

jeff_pikes_peak2.jpg

Edited by Mark@GTPumps

Just installed one of these babies and took its for drive, and i can say tumbs UP. didn't help smooth out my idle much but by all means as soon as you give it the juice it was smooth right through the Rev range. AWSOME piece of kit.

Now what to do with the old stock kit?

Looks like leads and coils in 1 go - is that right? I'm guessing it just plugs into the stk connectors?

Do you still have the Kit1's for sale?

Thanks

Hey Mark.

Looking at your kit1. wondering how long it last as it uses refurbished denso coils? And are these available?

Cheers

Forgive my insolence... but what exactly are the benefits of these over OEM on an Evo IX?

Sorry again for my noobness!

Forgive my insolence... but what exactly are the benefits of these over OEM on an Evo IX?

Sorry again for my noobness!

You get a seperate coil for each park plug.

Better spark energy.

No more leads to buy ever.

Resonable cost compared to stock factory replacement parts.

Plug and play install (about 10 mins).

Taken from NGK website... but you'll find generally if you run a better ignition system you can get away with a larger gap

A spark plug's voltage requirement is directly proportionate to the gap size. The larger the gap, the more voltage is needed to bridge the gap. Most experienced tuners know that opening gaps up to present a larger spark to the air/fuel mixture maximizes burn efficiency. It is for this reason that most racers add high power ignition systems. The added power allows them to open the gap yet still provide a strong spark.