Mark@GTPumps

MXP V2 Clubsprint manifold for EVO4-9

MXP Version 2 manifold. This ceramic coated steam pipe manifold suits EVO4-9 and features a superb tuned length CNC merged collector design to extract the maximum performance from your stock frame EVO4-9 turbo.

Price $1099.00 with heat shield.

MXP1a.JPG

MXP2a.JPG

MXP3a.JPG

Edited by Mark@GTPumps

I would also like to know why the last picture shows the manifold in heat wrap - if it is ceramic coated, why is this heat wrap on it?

im with smoovie, need some general results on the manifold or some general ideas on what the manifold was designed for. lag bigger top end, spool etc etc

The purpose of this manifold is to seperate the pressure pulses from each cylinder. Also because all pipes are the same length you get even flow for all the cylinders. The stock manifold has pretty good total flow but the flows are uneven between cylinders also the pressure pulses (which help spool and response) are not able to travel unimpeded to the turbocharger because the flow is not well directed inside. For example on the flow bench 50% of the air from cylinder 4 wants to continue on to cylinder 1, it does not want to turn and go out the turbocharger flange where it should be going.

I would also like to know why the last picture shows the manifold in heat wrap - if it is ceramic coated, why is this heat wrap on it?

Even with ceramic coating any manifold will still radiate heat, the customer decided to wrap it.

Just installed mine on the weekend, it does have a very different note to it :o

Can't wait to do the rest of the exhaust done and get it tuned :devil:

Cheers Mark :thumbsup:

I have one on my 7. It's an awesome piece of kit. Definately worth the upgrade for anyone considering it.

have had this manifold for nearly 9 months now, good gains and nice response, totally changes the engine note as well

+1!

New MXP manifold with heat shield installed. I have to say this is one of the best things I have every done to the EVO it's totally awesome. The difference between this and the stock manifold is huge.

MXP_heatshield1B.jpg

The difference between this and the stock manifold is huge.

What sort of gains are you experiencing, bigger top-end rush? more driveable torque below 2000-3000rpm? Better response when getting on and off the gas?

What sort of gains are you experiencing, bigger top-end rush? more driveable torque below 2000-3000rpm? Better response when getting on and off the gas?"

All of the above :)

Hey Mark, what's the difference between the old and new version?

Do you have a link for the new version?

The collector design is the same but the pipe routing is slightly different to give more clearance around the turbo bolts and the head. The production prototype is on my car but it's not coated so we did not take any photos yet. It's still similar to original photos. We should have pics of coated manifolds end of next week.

• Like 1

So performance wise it's about the same?

The heat shield looks awesome, I've been looking for a way to attach a heat shield on mine.

Nice one Mark. Looking forward to seeing it on my car.

One question: do the CT9A guys need to change the radiator to the evo 6 style radiator so the upper radiator hose is not in the way of the heat shield?

Cheers

The previous version was used on CT9A no problem however this latest version has increased clearance for the CT9A radiator hose.

Got this manifold over a year ago now, you can use the stock ct9a radiator no probs :)

This improves the response of the car alot!

Hi Mark, is the new version available now?

Edited by mpce

Thanks for the ride in the TME Mark, mate your car goes very hard and the noise from that manifold is insane.

Cheers Richard

DAMMIT, so jealous.

Will have to see if I can get mine modified to take the heat shield. Especially atm with all the attention, I get worried that the popo are going to ping me for not having one.

I made the right choice :)

That's your actual manifold in the picture :thumbsup:

I photographed it before I sent it to SKR yesterday.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.