Sign in to follow this  
Mark@GTPumps

EVO4-8 1.5bar actuators in stock

Guest ar3nbe

Stupid, but serious question.

What would happen if I were to run this in my car, with NO boost controller what so ever ?

Stupid, but serious question.

What would happen if I were to run this in my car, with NO boost controller what so ever ?

It would be fine however obviously you cannot run less than the actuator pressure.

I don't think you would be fine. Running this actuator without changing your WGDC or boost controller, you will overboost resulting in knock (or worse). The minimum boost you would run is 1.5bar.

I don't think you would be fine. Running this actuator without changing your WGDC or boost controller, you will overboost resulting in knock (or worse). The minimum boost you would run is 1.5bar.

The question was asked if you can run this actuator with NO boost controller. Yes you connect the actuator hose directly to the compressor outlet pipe (because that's what you do when you have NO external boost control!), the boost pressure is set by the spring in the actuator which is this case is 1.5 bar. Also the boost pressure can be varied a little by the amount of preload.

Of course you have to have your car setup/tuned for this boost level.

rob, consider this more of an option if your wanting to run consistantly high boost levels and want to keep a greater margin of tunability in your boost controller. you want need to use as big a duty when running this actuator to acheive the same results.

example I myself am having trouble consistantly controlling my boost at the 1.3 bar I want, my actuator is probably worn and my settings on the EBC are ridiculous to get the results. thus i want to run a 1.2 bar actuator to make it easier to acheive the results and have more leeway to play with the ebc.

possible to get a 1.4 wastegate act???

The rated pressure is 1.5bar but you can get some adjustment with the preload usually 1.3-1.5 bar.