Sign in to follow this  
Mark@GTPumps

EVO6 hotside pipes in stock!

Ok guys the EVO6 hotside pipes are in stock price $150, contact me for shipping costs to your location.

EVO6_lower_pipe2.jpg

Bargain!

Can you use the stock clamps etc to secure?

Yes no problem that's what I did, you can also use the factory turbo end hose (cut to length). The stock hose is used on the intercooler end no mods needed.

Hey guys,

I fully recommend Mark's services. On Tuesday night, I pm'ed him regarding this pipe and by the end of the night he's answered all my questions. I also made payment that night via direct deposit which would get processed on Wednesday night meaning he'd receive the payment on Thursday. Instead of waiting for payment to clear, i provided him with an online EFT receipt, he mailed the pipe on Wednesday and i received the pipe on Thursday morning! Now that's service.

Oh btw, Pipe looks exactly like the one in the picture. Great stuff!

Had Meek fit one of these today, very happy. Massive improvement over the stock POS!!!

Highly reccomend....

Cheers for the ride round the block in your TME Mark!!!!! Pulls like a missle!!!!

Yeah it was fairly easy to fit. I had to take the bottom driver side splitter vent out + oil cooler shroud to make some room to reach in but that's no biggy. You also need to cut the standard rubber hosing to fit the tappered end. A little bit of WD40 to lubricate and she's in.

Oh, one thing though, i had to cut and remove the bottom half of the Oil filter shroud support bar (a thin little bar which bolts in at the top and near the bottom splitter) to stop the pipe from rubbing on it. Doesn't affect anything though.

Give me a yell if you need a hand or wanna see mine.

i THINK the stock pipe has a mounting bracket?

if so does this pipe have one aswell?

Hieu, any performance difference felt at all with just this pipe?

cheers

Thanks Noob.

If you had any pictures/howto you wanted to post, that would be good (I'm thinking about getting one :))

Cheers,

Scott.

i THINK the stock pipe has a mounting bracket?

if so does this pipe have one aswell?

The upgrade pipe is so light it does not need a bracket.

Yeah the stock pipe is quite heavy and has 2 bolts holding its 2 brackets onto the car. One of them is easy to get to, but the other is quite a tricky little SOB!!!

As Mark said, the new pipe is less than half the weight of the stock pipe, and once clamped at either end doesnt budge...

I've done it already and a bit lazy to take it apart for pictures.

Andy, the pipe doesn't have any mounts. Personally, i just used a couple of cable ties to secure it which isnt' really necessary as the Meek pipe is so light. I'm just anal about these stuff ehhehe.

Difference- YES. Noticeable, even on my stock ECU. Just feels like it's got a bit more OOMPH.

I fitted mine last night, wtf were mitsu on when the designed the stock one.....

These hotside pipes are just part of the intercooler piping arent they?

yeah the stock 1 is a stupid flat pipe

yep.

yes the stock is 'flat' but it is also wide in that section, so they didnt do such a bad job i rekon.

im sure this will be better tho, i will find out soon when i get one.

I fitted the pipe to my Mak

I was hoping it would bring boost on sooner and it does

There is a down side though. The stock pipe stopped my car from boosting over 1.5 bar and it generally held at about 1.3. Now it comes on boost a little sooner but the boost spikes to 1.7 bar before dropping back to 1.3 bar.

I fitted the pipe to my Mak

I was hoping it would bring boost on sooner and it does

There is a down side though. The stock pipe stopped my car from boosting over 1.5 bar and it generally held at about 1.3. Now it comes on boost a little sooner but the boost spikes to 1.7 bar before dropping back to 1.3 bar.

Leave it at 1.7 bar then you won't have a problem :D

Nobody else has reported this, and we have not found this on cars we have done maybe your boost control needs a tweak?

Its only a crappy MBC

I understood that the Evo turbos always had the boost fall off so that part didn't bother me. It was more the extra initial spike

A better BC would probably cure it

i saw this post earlier 2 day from 'malowth'

"FYI - When I fitted an Aluminium LICP (Lower Intercooler Pipe), whilst I don't get the "sucking" noise, you can definitely hear the whistle of the turbo, which IMO sounds way cooler! "

i assume he is talking about a ally hot-side cooler pipe.

has anyone noticed an increase in turbo noise from fitting a gt-pumps hot side cooler pipe?

im going to get one eventually, but if there is a significant increase in turbo noise from fitting one, i want to know about it now!

cheers

Yeah, i can definately hear more spool from inside the cabin, and i still have a stock airbox/intake.

Yeah the ARC Airbox is pretty loud so theres every chance thats the case

any in stock?? Do you allow pick up c.o.d?

Transfering $$$ leaves to much evidence for the missus to bust me spending on mods 2months out from getting married..

Transfering $$$ leaves to much evidence for the missus to bust me spending on mods 2months out from getting married..

Can go down to Meek they usually have them in stock from GTP

PM sent.