Mark@GTPumps

M&W EVO4-9 COP ignition kits in stock!

EVO4-9 COP ignition kits in stock!

EVO8_COP_small3.jpg

EVO4-9 kits

Coil pack kit only = $528.00 (NOTE: aftermarket ECU only, 4 channel ignitor required)

Coil pack kit + 2 X 2ch M&W ignitors = $825.00 (NOTE: aftermarket ECU only)

Coil pack kit + M&W PRO12 CDI (2 channel waste spark) = $1300.00 (NOTE: stock EVO4-9 ECU ok)

Coil pack kit + M&W PRO14 CDI (4 channel) = $1485.00 (NOTE: aftermarket ECU only, requires 4 ignition outputs)

EVO_CDI_kit2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The M&W CDI systems are used on the fastest EVO's in the world.

Buschur racing 9.0 second EVO8RS drag car see link below.

http://www.buschurracing.com/racing-evors.htm

Also the Norris Designs EVO which uses one of our Pro14 units.

http://www.norrisdesigns.com/demo9.asp

Speedtech in New Zealand

http://www.speedtechnz.com

AMS EVO

http://www.amsperformance.com

Edited by Mark@GTPumps

A customer in the UK sent us this nice engine bay shot of the M&W COP kit installed. He's running 2.0 bar boost :)

COP_engine_bay1.jpg

Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the difference between the $750 kit and the $1200 kit?

Im running an autronic sm4 ECU so i have that side of things covered.

Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the difference between the $750 kit and the $1200 kit?

$750.00 kit includes inductive ignitiors (2 X 2 channel), $1200 kit has Pro12 CDI.

For your car I would recommend the CDI kit for sure.

$750.00 kit includes inductive ignitiors (2 X 2 channel), $1200 kit has Pro12 CDI.

For your car I would recommend the CDI kit for sure.

Ill try and get the 1200 dollars together for this before evo nats ;-)

Do you stock these kits or are they a special order item?.. Cause im interested in buying some shotly just not at this present time..

Regards:

Ryan

Do you stock these kits or are they a special order item?.. Cause im interested in buying some shotly just not at this present time..

Regards:

Ryan

No problem these kits are in stock.

Mark an honest question here: do you have any empirical results - what is the demonstrated benefit?

Mark an honets question here: do you have any empirical results - what is the demonstrated benefit?

Sure these kits are for hard core 1.5bar plus however I do now have a plug and play harness will try and get some results with a "normal" car.

We have been selling this stuff for a long time I guess we sometimes forget it's new to some people.

Cheers Mark,

I'm across the application for higher boost, but is the improvement torque, power.... something else?

Cheers Mark,

I'm across the application for higher boost, but is the improvement torque, power.... something else?

Ok how much difference it will make depends on how well the existing ignition system is performing.

You can have two problems.

1) Actual missfire under load. Inductive ignition will typically break down at high boost.

2) No misfire but your not getting good combustion, ie you are not getting all the energy from the fuel/air mix trapped in the combustion chamber because it's not burning properly.

This can sometimes be hard to detect unless you have very specialized lab equipment such as a cylinder pressure sensor.

CDI benefits

Case 1) You can actually run the engine without missfire! So yes it makes more power for sure :)

Case 2) better burn so more power

Additional benefits.

1) You can run colder spark plugs without risk of fouling.

2) We have seen the same power with up to 2 degrees less ignition timing.

3) Same ignition energy every time regardless of fluctuations in battery voltage.

Why the benefit.

The CDI type ignition delivers a very high power spark in a very short time. With any engine the combustion is the most important thing. It is critical to get a good "burn", a good "burn" is typically greatly influenced by the quality of the flame kernel established around the spark plug before it moves away across the combustion chamber.

Hope this helps without getting too technical.

• Like 1

nup all good - thanks

Out of curiosity more then anything would there be any benefit in running a system like this on a car pushing out say 260-270kw atw running a 20G?

Would there be any power gain? At that power level would a more stable spark give any benfit? Could it cause the motor to run "safer" at the same boost level due to a better burn and less chance of knock?

Out of curiosity more then anything would there be any benefit in running a system like this on a car pushing out say 260-270kw atw running a 20G?

Would there be any power gain? At that power level would a more stable spark give any benfit? Could it cause the motor to run "safer" at the same boost level due to a better burn and less chance of knock?

Generally any car running 20psi+ will benefit from CDI. The CDI will provide more ignition energy which will provide a more consistant burn.

It will have no specific influence on knock.

Guest EVOASS

tested on my car before too.... i feel like this is needed to satisfy me in the end... so im getting one later... SAVE AT LEAST ONE if i miss the boat!!! i hope your not going anywhere soon.....

Will an Autronic SMC run these?

Coil pack kit only = $450.00 (NOTE: aftermarket ECU only, 4 channel ignitor required)

Will an Autronic SMC run these?

Coil pack kit only = $450.00 (NOTE: aftermarket ECU only, 4 channel ignitor required)

Yes with suitable ignitors.

will a re-tune be needed if adding the Pro12 cdi kit ?

No re-tune is not required.

is it plug and play ? and how easy is it to install ?

Needs harness made to suit your installation. Comes with connector kit and the twisted pair wire for the coils.

Hi Mark,

Im in need of a new coilpack as ive been told my stock one isnt up to the task, my car is now running around 27psi on 35r. We found it had some misfire issues above 310kw atw so we tuned it down a little.

What would you recommend for me, got 2.3 / 35R / 272s and all the usual stuff. Making 308kw atw now on a Link G3 ecu.

Thx

Josh

Hi Mark,

Im in need of a new coilpack as ive been told my stock one isnt up to the task, my car is now running around 27psi on 35r. We found it had some misfire issues above 310kw atw so we tuned it down a little.

What would you recommend for me, got 2.3 / 35R / 272s and all the usual stuff. Making 308kw atw now on a Link G3 ecu.

Thx

Josh

Does the Link G3 have 4 ignition outputs or 2?

Does the Link G3 have 4 ignition outputs or 2?

im not sure :wacko: i'll do some research and find out. Thx

im not sure :wacko: i'll do some research and find out. Thx

The reason I ask is you can run 2 channel (waste spark) or 4 channel. The CDI boxes are different depending on the setup.

whats the difference / benefit of each unit?

I wanna do it once, do it right.

whats the difference / benefit of each unit?

I wanna do it once, do it right.

Use a Pro14 if you have 4 ignitions outputs and use a Pro14B or Pro12 if you have only two outputs.

Pro12 you get 115mJ (150mJ in high power mode) energy shared between two coils (2 ignition outputs required from ECU)

Pro14B gives 115mJ energy to each coil (2 ignition outputs required from ECU)

Pro14 give 115mJ (150mJ in high power mode) energy to each coil (4 ignition outputs required from ECU)

The Pro12 has gone 1000+wHP in the USA but if you have 4 ignitions outputs you are better off with the Pro14 however it is more expensive.

Edited by GTPumps

^^ cool... will have to save some cash and i'll get back to u. Thanks for the info Mark.

Use a Pro14 if you have 4 ignitions outputs and use a Pro14B or Pro12 if you have only two outputs.

Pro12 you get 115mJ (150mJ in high power mode) energy shared between two coils (2 ignition outputs required from ECU)

Pro14B gives 115mJ energy to each coil (2 ignition outputs required from ECU)

turns out my link ecu only has 2 ignition outputs....

which of the above is better and will it be enough for my car?

turns out my link ecu only has 2 ignition outputs....

which of the above is better and will it be enough for my car?

Pro14B is what you need.

Guy's in the US going 1000+whp with our ignition (in this case a Pro14). Power to the people :thumbsup:

Dyno video here

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/CFT-Pro...06HP_645941.htm

Evolutionm thread here

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-tu...ks-1000whp.html

bumping an old thread

i've got spark issues, car made 507awhp, but is breaking down after a few runs

i'm running power fc de jetro, which upgrade should i get?

bumping an old thread

i've got spark issues, car made 507awhp, but is breaking down after a few runs

i'm running power fc de jetro, which upgrade should i get?

PM sent.

• Like 1

Just received my set today, thanks Mark. Neat looking package!! can't wait for my next dyno tune.

mine made a few kw throughout the rev range... seems to be a good unit.

Just installed my M&W ignition kit a few days ago and retuned the car to 1.5 bar. All i can say is....i am impressed with the crisp and smooth response that I have now. More power through out the whole rev range. I'd recommend these to anyone.

Price on CDI COP set for evo 8

Replied!